Brookwood High School’s New Adopt-A-School Program

Gracie Green, Editor-in-Chief

The Adopt-A-School program started in 1985 as a partnership between business and education in the private sectors of Tuscaloosa County. As a union between The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama and the school districts of Tuscaloosa City and County. In the past, Brookwood High School’s partner for adopt-a-school has been Warrior Met Coal. As of the 2022 school year, STAR COOPERATION has also became a partner. Companies who become a partner in the adopt-a-school program receive good publicity and special recruitment privileges for the students of the school they sponsor. Both of these companies are assisted by Ashley Sellers, Brookwood’s Adopt-A-School coordinator.

This year, STAR COOPERATION will be Brookwood’s club and student government partner. The goals for this year include teacher recognition, a tour of the STAR facility, assisting clubs and providing guest speakers for Brookwood’s students at the career technical center. As far as the fall semester of 2022, STAR plans to help the student government association with their “Teacher of the Quarter” award, participate in the B.H.S homecoming parade and dress up day voting, and assistance for the CTE programs. They will also provide donations to Brookwood’s Panther Closet, give holiday assistance, provide snacks for clubs and organizations, decorate the faculty lounge for Christmas, and sponsor the Martin Luther King Day basketball game.

During fall of 2022, Warrior Met Coal will provide parties for those students on the honor roll, sponsor the Alumni reception during Homecoming, provide the teachers and staff with a lunch for American Education Week, as well as, providing printing for Musical Theater’s production of Mary Poppins.

Brookwood High School is very thankful for their partnership with both Warrior Met Coal and STAR COOPERATION.