Brookwood's Trusted News Site

Brookwood's Trusted News Site

Brookwood's Trusted News Site

Brookwood's Trusted News Site

New Billy Joe Young Field Passes Inspection, Ready for Home Opener

The inspection for the new “Billy Joe Young Field” was officially approved Wednesday, August 30th. Football players completed their last practice at the old stadium on Wednesday afternoon, leaving the old field, and the generations of memories and work that it carried. Thursday morning, players excitingly moved into the new stadium and conducted their pregame “Panther Walk”. Brookwood Football representatives say that the players took time to reflect on the opportunities that the new field and stadium will give to the students and community of Brookwood.

Along with football, the stadium will host future soccer games, flag football, track meets and graduations. The new stadium boasts of updated restrooms and concessions for the fans, as well as improved locker rooms for visiting teams, a turf field, and a new track area surrounding the field. 

Brookwood High School’s Athletic Director, Joe Childers, wants to extend an invitation to the community and its stakeholders. “This has been a long awaited achievement for Brookwood athletics and we want to see everyone there.”